Premium Letterpress Printing, Downtown Toronto
We're a Toronto based letterpress printer. We work directly with designers and have been producing unique, high-quality, tactile printed material for over 25 years.
Our work includes:
- Stationary Packages
- Business Cards
- Retail Tags
- Wedding and Event Invitations
- Artist Prints
- Film Props
Letterpress is a relief printing technique, where an raised plate transfers ink to paper by direct impression.
Foil Stamping, Embossing and Debossing
Etched dies can be used to transfer metallic and colour foil to the paper. They can also be used without foil to raise and lower the surface of the paper.
Duplexing is the process of gluing two pieces of paper together. This can be done after printing to hide the "show through" from deep impression printing. Different colours and types of paper can be duplexed toghether for effect or to add extra thickness.
Custom shapes, rounded corners, and scoring lines for folding can be created using custom and standard dies.
We stock a number of papers that work well with our printing processes. We use premium, commercial paper.
Our House Stocks:
- 130# (20pt) Classic Crest Eggshell, Antique Grey / Patriot Blue / Canyon Brown / Epic Black.
- 130# (20pt) Strathmore Premium Wove, Ultimate/Bright/Soft/Natural Whites.
- 160# (22pt) Cougar Cover, White, Smooth.
- Matching 24# Writing and 80# Text generally available, with occasional exceptions.
- Matching A2, A6, A7 and No. 10 envelopes also generally available, with occasional exceptions.
Other papers are special order where available. Additional fees will be applied accordingly.
Please consult with us to recommend appropriate materials to achieve your desired end product.
If you are new to the process of letterpress printing, please involve us early in the design process. We can offer suggestions to minimize production related issues and keep your product on budget.
Please make an appointment to visit the printshop to talk about best practices when designing for letterpress and to look at our samples.
Contact us for a quote or more information.
Please provide the following information when requesting a printing quote:
- Quantity; Number of items
- Paper; Type of stock, colour, weight, etc.
- Print Process: Processes used for your project. e.g. Letterpress, Foil Stamping, Diecutting
- Colour(s); Uncoated Pantone Matching System, Spot Colours
- Size of the final, trimmed pieces
- Deadline. Our standard turn-around time is 10 business days, depending on process and complexity of project.
- PDF of your design is always helpful for an accurate quote.
Lunar Caustic Press
340 Westmoreland Avenue N
Toronto, Ontario, Canada